The acquisition of the full necessary equipment for any kind of sport is a rather difficult and costly task. Outfit for tennis is no exception, the future athlete will need sets of sports clothes and shoes, a racket, a set of tennis balls and some additional accessories. Why the right choice is important? If you are going to start a regular workout, you shouldn’t discount the importance of the right equipment and clothing.
If a tennis racket was acquired at random, the shoes are uncomfortable, and the clothing hampers movement, the athlete will not be able to go all out on the court, which means the training will be extremely ineffective. All this is a direct path to professional stagnation and depriving oneself of chances for progress.
Moderation in the Selection of Equipment for Tennis
On the other hand, it is not worth buying ten sets of clothes and immediately a bunch of rackets from the most famous manufacturers – there will be no need for that. In order for equipment and equipment to be chosen correctly, it is better to adhere to the rule of the golden mean and the advice of experienced specialists.
- Racket. You should not immediately buy a professional racket, it is more expensive and has a small spot for a strike (with a point to hit the ball). Rackets vary in size from 1 to 5. For girls with high long fingers, numbers from 2 to 4 are suitable. Young ladies are recommended to have numbers 1 and 2. The weight of the racket plays an important role. Beginners will be pleased to play a light racket. Female models are considered rackets weighing from 240 to 270 g., Men’s heavier.
- Clothing. Girls put on a dress for tennis. They can be of different designs. Its main condition is to be comfortable, be combined with sneakers and please the eye. The tennis dress does not pursue any practical purpose, it was invented so that viewers could enjoy women’s tennis. Men wear short shorts with pockets and a t-shirt. In general, there is no strict dress code in tennis, the main thing is that the attire should be light, comfortable and cool. Hair is removed by a terry dressing or cap.
- Shoes. It is important to choose the right shoes for tennis. To reduce the load on your knees you need to have sneakers with a thick weighted front. This will help avoid injury. It is good if the label “no market” appears on the shoe label. This means that the sole will not soil the cover of a tennis court.
How to Choose a Tennis Racket
There is no universal answer to this question. Many tennis players buy racquets of professional players, believing that in this way they can dramatically improve the level of their game. In fact, if you buy a Federer or Murray racket, this does not at all mean that you will improve your game, as these racquets are designed for advanced tennis players. Therefore, choosing a racket for tennis, you must first focus on your own level and style of play. If you experience a painful sensation when playing, then you need to choose a more comfortable racket, with shock-absorbing technologies. Maybe you just want to improve all the parameters of the current racket. These basic aspects you must determine for yourself, or together with a coach who knows the features of your game. When buying a racket it is necessary to carefully study its characteristics and technologies used in its manufacture.
You can divide all tennis rackets into 3 types:close
- Rackets that improve the game and increase power. Rackets of this type are focused on increasing the power of blows, and, as a rule, have a greatly increased head size from 107 to 135 square meters. inches, lightweight: from 226 to 269 grams, while the balance of the racket is shifted to the head (racket with a weighted head) in order to concentrate the weight in the area of impact.
- Club tennis rackets. This class combines the quality of the racket that improves the game and the professional tennis racket. Such racquets, as a rule, have less weight than professional ones, usually ranging from 269 to 311 grams. The balance of club racquets is usually slightly shifted to the head. Head slightly increased in size from 95 to 102 square meters. inches Rackets of this type provide the average power of blows and the improved maneuverability and they can be recommended to average and advanced players.
- Rackets that give good control – professional tennis rackets. Professional tennis rackets provide a high level of control, they are used by professional tennis players and high-level club players. Rackets of this type are rather heavy – their weight varies from 325 to 370 grams, they have a small head size from 85 to 95 square meters. inches The balance of professional rackets is shifted towards the handle; this is done to increase maneuverability. These rackets give a lot of control.
In addition to power, the density of the structure affects such important parameters as control and convenience of the game. Acquiring power, one way or another, there is a loss of control, but much depends on the style of the tennis player. The player can make his choice in the direction of a more flexible racket since it will provide the best rotation of the ball with sufficient power. For such a player, a stiffer racket can give you excess power, leading to an increase in the number of errors.
First of all, keep in mind the general rule for choosing shoes: it is preferable to buy sneakers made from natural fabrics (leather is best). Such material in all respects (both operational and aesthetic) is much better than synthetic substitutes. Remember also that in the summer, swelling of the legs may prevent you from choosing the right size. Close and “butt” sneakers should be immediately excluded from you. Fingers in the shoes should be located comfortably, and they should not bend.
The comfortable length is considered such that one centimeter or one and a half centimeters exceed the length of your foot. Much about the purpose of the shoe can tell her sole. So, the white sole says that the shoes are designed for classes in the hall. But the sole with zigzag patterns will be on the shoes, which is designed to play on the court.
Ball for tennis
First of all, you should understand that there are several types of balls. You can choose a sealed or unpressurized ball. As for the second type, such balls are intended for professional players. In the ball, which is called hermetic, gas is injected, inert in its own structure. In addition to these balls are added special tablets, which contain inorganic salts. Such balls must be kept about special tumbler. If you keep them in plastic packaging, they will not lose their own shape for the whole year. And if you store them in metal packaging, they will retain their shape for five years. It is worth mentioning the cloth, with which they cover the balls. The ball has a hairy finish. Most often it is made from synthetic materials. There are firms that grow special sheep that feed on a special compound so that later sheep wool can be used to cover tennis balls.
Tennis Shock Absorber
In order to protect your hands from damage, especially during a strong blow, you can buy a vibration damper. In the modern store, you can purchase vibration dampers for rackets, bandages, rubber vibration dampers, flexible vibration dampers, knee pads, and many other devices to protect your body. Do not neglect them, the quality of protection depends not only on the athlete’s game but also on the safety of his health. Modern means of protection will not only help protect your body from damage but also help to speed healing and recovery after injuries. Modern technologies have allowed creating such protection that protects your body not only from damage but also from cold and heat, which undoubtedly is a huge plus.
How to Choose Tennis Clothes
Nowadays, when choosing clothes for tennis, much attention is paid to color, unusual design and style. Major tennis tournaments are now also showing the latest fashion trends in the world of tennis clothing. When choosing sportswear for tennis, do not forget that it should certainly be comfortable when wearing, not hanging on the body, not pressing, and, accordingly, not rubbing. All these criteria are important because when playing you should not interfere. The second important requirement is the quality of clothes.
Clothing for tennis is made of the most modern materials, and a large number of manufacturers, both children’s and adult clothing for tennis provides an opportunity to choose what you like. These include, of course, the well-known firm Adidas, Head, Babolat and many others. Nowadays, tennis clothes are made from synthetic fabrics such as polyamide (with the addition of elastane), polyester and many others. Of course, this does not mean that manufacturers completely abandoned cotton.
A set of tennis clothes consists of:close
- For men from the classic T-shirt (Shirt Polo), or T-shirts without a collar (Short-Sleeved Shirt), or sleeveless (Tank Top) and shorts (Short). In good shorts, there are tightening elastic pants “Underpants” that prevent the cooling of muscles and prevent the front and rear surfaces of the hips from injuries.
- For women from tight-fitting shirts with or without short sleeves, short skirt or dress (Clothing).
- Classic socks or short socks (Anklet). Well-chosen socks with sufficient density, elasticity, and thickness of the sole, contributes to the trauma of the feet.
In addition to the listed elements of a tennis uniform, it can include a bandana headband, a women’s visor (Tennis Visor), a Narodnik (Heat-band), a tennis cap (Tennis Cap, Court Cap) or other exotic hats. Modern clothing for tennis does not provide for the presence of seams in those places where the greatest friction occurs, namely between the legs and under the arms. If there are seams, then, as a rule, they are flat. After washing, it does not lose its appearance, dries quickly, and does not require frequent ironing.
If we consider the clothes for tennis, nowadays we can see not only the usual white color on the court but also blue, scarlet, green and other colors. In addition to T-shirts, skirts, and shorts, a wide assortment also includes socks, the fabric of which is distinguished by high density and quality.
Tennis bags are of the following types:close
- 3 compartments (also called Pro bag);
- 6 compartments (also called Combi bag);
- On 12 compartments (also called Supersix/SuperCombi).
Before you buy a tennis bag, it is important to determine whether you are a professional or amateur type of tennis player. Professional players play often and, as a rule, carry several rackets with them. They may need to keep the second change of clothes in the bag along with tennis equipment and accessories. Amateur players need a small bag on two rackets, which is convenient to carry on a bicycle or car.
For these tennis players, the game represents only a small part of life. Since they are likely to carry a bunch of different things in their tennis bag, you should consider buying a quality bag with storage for mobile devices, keys, and cosmetics. Tennis strings, balls, racquets, vibration dampeners, bags, shoes, grips, sunglasses, towels, bracelets, headbands, caps, elbow brace support, wristbands, gifts, skirts, socks, shorts, dresses.